Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Homesick

A wave of nostalgia rush over me.
I miss my friends; I miss my home, and I miss the people.
As much as I use the best effort I can to try to keep myself up-to-date about the news back home, being 9148 miles away from Toronto, I sometimes just feel like a ditched duck.
As much as I use the best effort I can to try to persuade myself that I am here just for school, just for 3 years, and after that, I could run back into my home’s embrace, I sometimes just feel depressed.
As much as I use the best effort I can to try to maintain a buoyant spirit, I sometimes just want to cry. Like yesterday.
I wonder what other people do and how they cope when they are homesick.
I told Jun that I watched the video, which he is making funny faces trying to move his eyes to the centre, in my camera that day. I missed him so much. I wished he was still here with me. Jun, on the other side, told me that he felt the same way too. He said it feels so “weird” being in Toronto without me.
Within a second, I became a broken tap—failed to turn off the water=tears.
I, or maybe, was like Niagara Falls.
“It’s okay. It’s only temporary,” Jun tried to calm me.
And this morning, I woke up with a pair of dark puffy eyes.

No comments: