Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm going to miss you, Grace~

Early today, I received Grace’s call.
“Hey hun, I’m going back to Canada on March 4th!” I could tell she was screaming and jumping on the other side.
After we hung up, I quietly sat there and looked at the walls blankly for quite awhile.
She is going back to T.O, a place where we met each other, a place where our hearts are at, although we both physically present at this country.
Then, I found myself bursting into tears.
I am going to miss her.
And when will be my turn?
I have been knowing Grace for 7 years now. Although we have some divergences on the way we see things and the way we do things; nevertheless, she is my best friend. We have been through a lot of tough things together, and we are always there to help each other out. Back in Toronto, she hooked me up with her hairstylist Tom, who has since then become my favourite hairstylist. She introduced Doug to me, the nicest person on earth, who has never grown to despise my requests for help. She introduced her group of friends to me, by whom my acquaintanceship has since then stretched from a mini pond to sea. Without her as my companion 2 years ago, I would have never met Jun, my honey bunny. Without her as my pushy biotch, I would have still lived in my own small, dark, and gloomy life. Even now we are both outside of Toronto, she hooked me up with this current part-time job. Without her, I wouldn’t have met Jimmy, another Doug.
I think I have taken this friendship for granted.
When someone is around you all the time, you feel secure and you won’t pay too much attention on him/her, because you know that he/she is always going to be there. But when that person leaves, you feel sad, because he/she is going to be far away from you. Or sadly, you might never hear from him/her again. There you start punching your head for not spending enough time with him/her.
I always thought that she will be around with me, although we seldom see each other and talk on the phone. I always thought I still had enough time, although I definitely knew that she will be back to T.O sometime by now. I have never told her how much I appreciate her. I, sometimes, ignore her calls and messages on the contrary (now I really feel like SHIT).
And now I’m sobbing in the room alone, punching my heart for how such a bad friend I am. She is the only close friend I have here. Once she’s gone, I have nobody.
Grace, I’m glad that you finally get to reunite with your husband and start a new life. I want you to stay happy and live a fulfilled life. I promise I will come back once I finish my study. After all, T.O is my home as well. And I will meet you up. Wait for me okay?

Gracie, Doug, and LooLoo (2006)


Gracie's bday party (2006)
Gracie, Jun & LooLoo (2008)

I was her maid of honor(2007)

I'm gonna miss you sweetheart~

No comments: